Sender:johndlvo
Date/Time:2008-Jun-06 06:21:00
Subject:Re: ZKM globorama hassle

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ZKM globorama hassle johndlvo 2008-Jun-06 06:21:00
I wholeheartedly agree with you Simon. Furthermore, I am highly
suspect of anyone who insists on playing the devil's advocate.

Albeit, we all can have unspoken ulterior motives that influence our
behavior, this case is quite clear from my point of view:

Those committing the infringement did so well before contacting any of
the owners of the panoramas displayed with clear copyright notices on
the WWP website. Only retro-active attempts to gain permission were
made...twice. I haven't received any responses to my emails, have you?

As Simon, Ayrton, Bruce, and several others have clearly pointed out;
There is much more at stake here than the wonderful, altruistic idea
of advancing VR imagery. That is a great place to start alright, but
there is significantly more to this case.

Lest anyone overlook it, there is more than just one, slightly
significant precedent at stake here.

If the ongoing negotiations fail or prove unsatisfactory for
individuals and for the WWP membership as a whole, it will be in the
hands of the attorneys and int'l legal authorities to work out
suitable resolutions, compensations, penalties, and the road forward.
The harder it gets, the harder it gets! So be it. There are several
contingency options available.

I for one, will not let it disway me one bit from my ambitions to
contribute to "Elevations" coming up on the 19th - 22nd. Get your
poles and plans ready neighbors. It'll all work out.

John Dobbins
Washington State
USA

They (ZKM, et al)