Sender:Wheaton, Simon
Date/Time:2008-Jun-06 00:49:00
Subject:RE: ZKM globorama hassle

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: ZKM globorama hassle Wheaton, Simon 2008-Jun-06 00:49:00
They could have asked for permission to use the images in advance, and
only used the work of those who gave permission, but they chose to steal
it instead.

The copyright owners, in our case the individual photographers, should
have been given the option to support it, or not support it, but we have
not been given that choice.

If there is any torpedoing of their project, that is their own fault for
not obtaining permission in advance.

I resent your attempts at laying a guilt trip onto myself and other WWP
participants for not supporting them and for not allowing this blatant
theft of our work.

I chose to publish my images on the WWP site, which is not permission
for them to be used anywhere else and for any other purpose.

Some of my images were taken after gaining permission from land holders
based on their usage being only for the WWP site.

Please don't think that your opinions reflect those of others in this
group, or that you have a right to tell others what they should or
shouldn't do with their own work.

Simon
Canberra
AUSTRALIA