Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2008-Sep-28 11:54:00
Subject:Re: A first entry

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: A first entry Erik Krause 2008-Sep-28 11:54:00
On Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 12:42, Keith Martin wrote:

> We have another new entrant - my son Max has submitted his first WWP pano.
>
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu:8090/gen/live_preview/wwp908/html/MaxMarti...

A nice choice! This light has a special ability: It extinguishes all
colors. (I wonder whether he knows?) It consists of only two narrow
banded spectral lines in the yellow-orange part of the spectrum.
Hence any object can reflect only those colors.

This can be used for a special effect (and is sometimes used in
theatre): You can have yellow filters on a normal light source with
exactly the same subjective color but a much broader band. This light
shows colors, at least all except a certain blue. This can be pretty
dramatic if colors suddenly flash up without an obvious change in
lighting.

best regards
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de