Sender:Uri cogan
Date/Time:2005-Jan-06 19:24:00
Subject:Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology Uri cogan 2005-Jan-06 19:24:00
Peter Barrett wrote:

>I began to wonder if our world wide vision could be focused on a
>topic like "Ecology -
>is our world at risk?". I could imagine people finding instances of
>problems, solutions,
>and let's make hay while the sun shines.  I would personally welcome
>the challenge to
>find a way to photograph local ecological choices, whether good,
>bad, or both. At
>least it would be a relevant topic and might get interest in world wide media.
>To me, the fact that we are cooperating in spite of local
>differences makes us special.

I fully support this. Today a friend wrote (in another group):

"It is my belief that the way we find a model for ... a better world
is to spend mindful time in sensory contact with nature and then
incorporate our learning into our own lives. With respect to other
views, to me this means to be open and respectful -- how can we
support each other? How can we compete in ways that increase the
health of all? How can we support all life?"

What comes to mind is a panorama project where Nature - either
undisturbed, or (sadly) devastated by humans is the topic.
--
               Uri Cogan
        http://www.uricogan.com

There is a fire burning over the Earth, taking with it plants and
animals, cultures, languages, ancient skills and visionary wisdom.
Quelling this flame, and reinventing the poetry of diversity,
is the most important challenge of our times.

--Wade Davis, Shadows in the Sun: Essays on the Spirit of Place