Sender:Willy Kaemena
Date/Time:2005-Jan-07 18:39:00
Subject:Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology Willy Kaemena 2005-Jan-07 18:39:00
Santiago  I can only  agree  with your findings, once I went up the
Douro Valley  using the nice  lonely old road.   The   architecture  of
these old villages and small towns is SCREAMING with apparently stiles
and  building sizes of all  kind.  It is like putting the  WTC  in a
medieval  village. Is there no authority regulating at least a modest
style??......

Willy

On Jan 7, 2005, at 17:35, Santiago Ribas wrote:

>  On Thursday, January 6, 2005, at 07:59 PM, Willy Kaemena wrote:
>
>  >
>  > Hi
>  >
>  > that I think is a brilliant idea,? We are able to capture the?
> existing
>  > problems? of this world in a form? which will be able to make it?
> clear
>  > and "feelable"? to the visitors of the site all over the world. We
>  > could go to places? where many people are not going and make them
> aware
>  >?? in a very realistic form.
>  >
>  > Willy
>  >
>  > On Jan 6, 2005, at 18:53, Caroling wrote:
>  >
>  >>
>  >>? I'm hoping there is another WWP on the horizon in March.
>  >>? I'm still waiting to hear some reviews of our wonderful Sanctuary
>  >> project. The Press
>  >>? Release gave me a taste of the diversity, views of quality and
> nature
>  >> of what we did.
>  >>? I'm thinking of doing my own review - equal but different. It
> would
>  >> be nice to get
>  >>? some world wide recognition of the value.
>  >>? In any case, today this announcement sparked my interest:
>  >>? "A top New Zealand researcher is using a prestigious award
> ceremony
>  >> in Christchurch
>  >>? to warn that humans face extinction by the end of the century."
>  >>? I began to wonder if our world wide vision could be focused on a
>  >> topic like "Ecology -
>  >>? is our world at risk?". I could imagine people finding instances
> of
>  >> problems, solutions,
>  >>? and let's make hay while the sun shines.? I would personally
> welcome
>  >> the challenge to
>  >>? find a way to photograph local ecological choices, whether good,
> bad,
>  >> or both. At
>  >>? least it would be a relevant topic and might get interest in world
>  >> wide media.
>  >>? To me, the fact that we are cooperating in spite of local
> differences
>  >> makes us special.?????????????????
>  >>
>  >>? ????????????
>  >>
>  >>? Professor Peter Barrett
>  >
>  Plenty of ambiental problems here in my country, difficult to
>  visualize, but plenty of them.
>  What causes me more negative impact? is the kind of low quality
>  architecture people are using in villages of the interior country,? in
>  contrast with all kind of excess in our capital. To much differences.
>  The part of the country that has more potential, is being lost for the
> [...]
Willy Kaemena

http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena