Sender:Don Barth
Date/Time:2005-Jan-06 23:25:00
Subject:Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology Don Barth 2005-Jan-06 23:25:00
Folks;
I think this is a great idea. The environment / ecology has been in my
interactive art work since graduate school (mfa 01) along with vr
imagery. And I promise to make a better pano than I submitted for
sanctuary. I am still working on getting good cubes with a fisheye.
cheers
don b

On Jan 6, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Caroling wrote:

>  I'm hoping there is another WWP on the horizon in March.
>  I'm still waiting to hear some reviews of our wonderful Sanctuary
> project. The Press
>  Release gave me a taste of the diversity, views of quality and nature
> of what we did.
>  I'm thinking of doing my own review - equal but different. It would
> be nice to get
>  some world wide recognition of the value.
>  In any case, today this announcement sparked my interest:
>  "A top New Zealand researcher is using a prestigious award ceremony
> in Christchurch
>  to warn that humans face extinction by the end of the century."
>  I began to wonder if our world wide vision could be focused on a
> topic like "Ecology -
>  is our world at risk?". I could imagine people finding instances of
> problems, solutions,
>  and let's make hay while the sun shines.? I would personally welcome
> the challenge to
>  find a way to photograph local ecological choices, whether good, bad,
> or both. At
>  least it would be a relevant topic and might get interest in world
> wide media.
>  To me, the fact that we are cooperating in spite of local differences
> makes us special.?????????????????

>  Professor Peter Barrett

Don Barth
Assistant Professor