Sender:Santiago Ribas
Date/Time:2005-Jan-07 19:59:00
Subject:Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: March 2005 WWP topic: ecology Santiago Ribas 2005-Jan-07 19:59:00
On Friday, January 7, 2005, at 06:39 PM, Willy Kaemena wrote:

> Santiago  I can only  agree  with your findings, once I went up the
> Douro Valley  using the nice  lonely old road.   The   architecture  of
> these old villages and small towns is SCREAMING with apparently stiles
> and  building sizes of all  kind.  It is like putting the  WTC  in a
> medieval  village. Is there no authority regulating at least a modest
> style??......
>
> Willy

I am surprise you traveled without using  a train ....:-))

Yes it?s incredible, what they are doing this last decades, in the name
of progress , ruining our own architecture and traditions.
We are lucky with the south of Portugal, Alentejo is still proud of its
tradition and values, and you can still see them building new buildings
without affecting the existent ones. Traveling to Alentejo is always a
pleasure for my eyes and a relief for my soal....:-)
Here in the north , general speaking, there is no idea what progress
really is. They should be learning with our neighbors in Spain, where
preservation of the tradition is very important. Our own architects
don?t respect the old existent buildings, they must always create some
kind of exquisite shaped building, in almost any ambiance at all cost.
This is my daily work, modeling and animating those horrible new
projects in 3D:-(

Santiago Ribas
#removed#
www.santiagoribas.com