Sender:Andrew
Date/Time:2005-Mar-26 18:06:00
Subject:Re: i'm in! feedback please...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: i'm in! feedback please... Andrew 2005-Mar-26 18:06:00
--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <#removed#> wrote:

> The problem is you use Panocube to make it and the compression in
> Panocube is very difficult to understand.
> It does not follow the standard used by Photoshop.
> In photoshop webexport 50% compression is a standard compression
with a
> very good quality.
> It is the default setting in CubicConverter on Mac. All quicktime
tools
> on mac use it as it use Quicktime for compression.
> Panocube use another scale in it's definitions. The default without
> script is 90% which is very little compression.
> The supplied script says 75
> As far as I remember 50 will give you a high compression
corresponding
> to around 30% in Photoshop Web export.

The same song from Hans once per year :-)
PanoCube uses standard for Windows 0..100% JPEG compression scale
while all Mac's tools (including QuickTime player for Windows) use
other, non linear, cutted on the edges scale. Nothing unusual in this
fact - Mac and PC have some more other differences.
To avoid confusion it would be better not suggest to the Windows users
your Mac values and vice versa.

=Andrew Jakowleff