Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2005-Sep-26 11:59:00
Subject:Re: help! my file is too large

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: help! my file is too large Caroling Geary 2005-Sep-26 11:59:00
Compressing JPEGs is compressing twice. You are getting a lot of size
trying to compress the JPEG compression artifacts. If you start with
a clean original, your conversion program has less to compress. I'm
no expert, but trial and error can verify what I say. Try compressing
(converting) an original TIFF and a JPEG of the same file. See which
output file is smaller and better quality.

On Sep 25, 2005, at 10:48 PM, northwest_omnipresence wrote:

> Yes, I am working with JPEG files. ...  but it seems that I need a
> better conversion tool.

Caroling Geary
www.wholeo.net