Sender:Peter Winkler
Date/Time:2005-Dec-20 11:45:00
Subject:Re: Autorotate

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Autorotate Peter Winkler 2005-Dec-20 11:45:00
Dear Erik,

I think this is correct for the wwp site.
It would be better to embed a 60 sec autorotate or to
allow the user to turn off the autospin
(This is possible with SpinControls, which is used on the wwp site)

> people I sent a link to the Verdon pano whether they looked down,
> they replied: "Oh, you can look down? I thought this is just a
> video.."

It's really a dilemma.
I decided to add autorotate at my site as default setting, because
to many people who are new to qtvr are thinking they only see a
picture (..and close the panorama window)

> I don't know whether it is possible to have an autorotate sprite in
> QT that stops after the first user interaction and does not start
> again or to have complexe sprites that allow for something like Tom!
> Striewisch realized in PTViewer:
> http://www.essen-360grad.de/essen_frame_js.htm?syna_p_01.htm

I'll send Patrick an email if he could add a parameter, which allows
the user to set the autospin delay.
Maybe he is willing to add this feature in one of the next releases
of SpinControl.

Regards, Peter