Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2007-Jan-03 10:38:00
Subject:Re: Comments

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Comments Bjørn K Nilssen 2007-Jan-03 10:38:00
On 3 Jan 2007 at 20:42, Wheaton, Simon wrote:

> I think it is more useful for comments to be on the page where the pano is, accessable to
> anyone that is viewing the pano, at the time they are viewing the pano, rather than
> comments being made on a mailing list that is serperate to the panos, and that is only
> really for contributors.
>
> Why should WWP be restricted to only adding features that are already implemented on other
> VR sites?
>
> We should have comments because contributors are asking for comments.

I agree!
It would be nice to view (and get) comments.It is always good for learning, both from
your own mistakes and other contributors'. It is also nice being able to say so when you
like something very much. I don't think we should be afraid that there would be a lot of
negative and childish comments. They have enough of other places to express themselves,
where they are more visible... Lots of photo sites/forums have comments, and very rarely
have I seen anything crossing the line.

If there are some contributors who don't want comments I suppose there could be a field
for "No comments, please" when uploading?

Turning it into a competition is not a good idea IMO.
--
Bj?rn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D