Sender:Sean Bickford
Date/Time:2007-Jan-04 16:40:00
Subject:Re: Comments already here

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Comments already here Sean Bickford 2007-Jan-04 16:40:00
--- In #removed#, Bj?rn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:
> > We should have comments because contributors are asking for
comments.

> I agree!
> It would be nice to view (and get) comments.It is always good for
learning, both from
> your own mistakes and other contributors'. It is also nice being
able to say so when you

>cuttext

> If there are some contributors who don't want comments I suppose
there could be a field
> for "No comments, please" when uploading?
>
> --
> Bj?rn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

I tend to agree with Landis on this issue, that comments will turn
the wwp into a forum like youtube. Besides, we already have a place
for comments - right here, in this forum!

This WWPano forum is a great place for comments from more experienced
photographers - people who's constructive criticism can actually
improve techniques rather than merely inflating one's ego. I have
always thought of this forum as the best place for commentary about
our WWP panophotos, and I have seen many great photos due to a post I
have seen in this forum. More importantly, I have read some very
helpful posts that have made my photos better. If I see a photo that
I think is great I can privately message the panographer here and
offer my praises. Turning our events into a forum-free-for-all,
shrug, i dont know, just doesnt sit well with me.

This is, after all, the WWP community isnt it?