Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2009-Mar-27 22:23:00
Subject:Re: Did not shoot Diversity - But I did

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Did not shoot Diversity - But I did Hans Nyberg 2009-Mar-27 22:23:00
On 27/03/2009, at 21.36, Fotoverkstan/Jakob Norstedt-Moberg wrote:

> This disussion is completely meningless. The figures simply are not
> comparable.

Well You started it.

I can not understand what this has to do with my panoramas.

But as you seem to be so obsessed about this I can tell you that the
Danish coastline was measured as long ago as 1906 on the official
Map of Denmark.
The result was 936.86   Danish mil.
As one Danish mil is 7.532,48 meters the result was 7049km.
The current official according to CIA is 7.314

I can not see why  there should be any doubt about this.
As for India the numbers referenced are from around 6800 to what
seems to be the official 7.516km

I doubt that measurements made on maps in 1906 was more detailed than
todays measurements of India.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>
Features Fullscreen Panoramas from the best VR Photographers in the
World
email:  #removed#