Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2009-Mar-27 23:51:00
Subject:Re: Did not shoot Diversity - But I did

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Did not shoot Diversity - But I did Uri Cogan 2009-Mar-27 23:51:00
Hans Nyberg wrote:

> I can not understand what this has to do with my panoramas.

Probably nothing :-) they are beautiful!

> I doubt that measurements made on maps in 1906 was more detailed than
> todays measurements of India.

The issue is not which map has more detail than the other, but the scale
of measurement that is being used.

If I measure the length of the coast line of the island where I live,
using a 10 meter long stick, I will get a certain number, but If I will
measure the same coastline with a 1 meter stick, I will get a much
larger number.

And if I will measure the same coastline with greater precision, let's
say 1mm, going carefully around every rock, pebble and grain of sand, I
will end up with a much, much larger number.

Better explanation and reference, with illustration:
http://tinyurl.com/noeld

Cheers, Uri.