Sender:Harald Walker
Date/Time:2004-Aug-25 11:50:00
Subject:Re: Quick Time

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Quick Time Harald Walker 2004-Aug-25 11:50:00
Madeena 360 wrote:

> On 25/8/2004 2:01 PM, "Hans Nyberg" <#removed#> wrote:
>

>>The Windows hijacking is not at all a problem today. It has not been since
>>more than 4 years.
>>It is not possible today.
>>Not if you use JPG for compression and the correct active X tags.

> Has anyone tested using the .qt extension instead of the .mov? It should
> make it harder for Windows media player (or any other programme) to hijack
> QTVR.

As Hans already wrote, Windows Hijack is NOT a problem any longer. .mov
is the correct extension for Quicktime movies. Quicktime on Windows also
notifies you in case a different programm wants to handle .mov files,
but that is only relevant for stand alone movie files. On web-pages the
object and embed tags instruct the browser which plug-in to use. Often I
see web-pages, where people directly link to Quicktime movies. That is
not the correct way.

Regards,

Harald