Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2004-Aug-25 09:42:00
Subject:Re: Quick Time

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Quick Time Hans Nyberg 2004-Aug-25 09:42:00
on 25/08/04 8:57, Bostjan Burger #removed# wrote:

> I have checked the QT (instaled plug-in) presence in computers in
> Slovenia with two different diagnostic program of visitors. The
> resoult was almost identical...: I was surprised that only 3.3 % had
> instaled QT. The sampling was made on a population od 1000 in a
> period of one (1) day. I hope that the diagnostic software was not

Do not believe these diagnostic programs.

I have seen it used in some statistic programs and they sometimes set
quicktime to be lower than the number of MAC users.

The only way you can check this is to look at the pageviews and compare it
with the download of the movie. Of course these will also include the ones
who have installed QT when they enter the page but this will usually also
cause a reload of thge page with another pageview

My stats tells me the same as most of the newer investigations and that is
around 50% installed. I have 70-90% viewing them on  most  pages also at
large features where people come directly on to the fullscreen page without
knowing they need QT.
A typical example is the Mount Everest which is often linked as panoramic
image
and where I have about 30% coming from searches in Google
Make the search Mount Everest and see what it says.
I just discovered that it does not say QTVR or QuickTime as many of my pages
title says.

I have had since jan  169,568 pageviews 104.000 got on it as an entry page
and 128.872 download of the movie

That makes 76% and they are coming from all the world.
The movies usually have a reload of  10-20% so  it is probably only  60%
Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi