Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2009-Aug-31 21:00:00
Subject:Re: WWP Performing Arts - Written Permissions - Photo Releases

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWP Performing Arts - Written Permissions - Photo Releases Pat Swovelin 2009-Aug-31 21:00:00
On 8/31/2009 7:58 AM, Luciano's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
typed ...:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Pat Swovelin
> <#removed#>wrote:
>
>> I've had the access denied on some occasions before, only because of the
>> tripod.
>> funny.
>>> Offer to collapse them and use them as a monopod. It's worked more than
>>> once. If that doesn't work then whip out your trusty Philopod (that
>>> every panorama photographer should have in his gear bag) and use that.
>>> If that doesn't work then shoot handheld.
>
>>> Don't take "No" for an answer or you'll never get the shot you want.
>
> Sometimes I had to explain the purpose of the images, and could make the
> shots.
> But the interesting thing is that the presence of the tripod even
> collapsed
> awakens a fuss "WTF this guy are doing here?".

For some reason tripods are the sign of the Devil and people freak out
over them.  Go figure.  But I have been able to use them collapsed (like
a fat monopod).  The staff's concern was people would trip over them
(because they obviously don't watch where they're going).  If that
doesn't work just whip out your trusty Philopod and start shooting.
I've never had anyone say "No" to my using a Philopod.

> I learn how to avoid this, just ask/explain before

Obviously or you're not getting in the door.

> and shooting after -
> getting a press ID badge.
>
> Luciano

Pat Swovelin