Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2009-Dec-06 19:28:00
Subject:Re: Best of 2009

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Best of 2009 Keith Martin 2009-Dec-06 19:28:00
Sometime around 6/12/09 (at 13:08 +0100) Hans Nyberg said:

>It would be difficult to use this in a simple database interface
>like WWP.

Also, allowing SWF uploads to the server from essentially unmanaged
sources (no offence meant) represents a serious potential security
risk. SWF files can do amazing things, especially in the hands of a
black-hat-wearing hacker.

I'm really sorry Alain! This decision was taken for a number of
reasons, but the security point is to avoid potential risk to the
whole WWP site and the hosting account.

I hope you will still upload your 'best of' panorama. And as Hans
said, linking to your own site (with your hotspot-rich example) from
your WWP page does make a lot of sense in terms of search engine
optimising.