Sender:luca vascon
Date/Time:2011-Mar-16 21:21:00
Subject:Re: Linking to WWP from facebook

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Linking to WWP from facebook luca vascon 2011-Mar-16 21:21:00
2011/3/16 Caroling Geary <#removed#>

> Personal preferences are interesting and worth discussing but I don't
> see how they are important for WWP unless they have a worldwide
> impact. For example I like the Central time zone. But it is not World
> Wide. I don't tweet. But social media are incredibly important and my
> untweets won't stop lots of happy tweeters. I like WWP because it
> reaches out. If it is just a platform for a few individuals, serving
> their personal needs and limited to their narrow visions then in my
> view, it has failed. Making WWP accessible does not mean changing the
> Yahoo group or the WWP web pages.
>
> In any case, I thank Erik Krause for his linking suggestions. I'll
> get to work making my own pages more accessible. OG.
>

> Yes, I understood, and being MORE accessible is better.
My words are easy to be misunderstood. I do not imagine anybody that would
want to RESTRICT WWP migrating it to FB!! and for sure not Erik, that is an
intelligent, sensible man, that I'm honored to be friend with, also in real
life! In fact the idea to be FB accessible is an important and good move for
the group. And I'd never have been able to focus on this, because of my self
inflicted blindness!!

In my post I had a ;-)
Everybody here knows how much I feel for wwp, PanotoolsNG and QTVRlists, so
my intent was to say "I hate FB so much, I'll not join whatever the cost"
But the more I go on, the less I'm able to write even emails, being sure to
get understood.
Having so much hate and being so out of swing of things is BAD for
communicating. I close my mind, every time I say "I refuse". In my company I
have someone who cares these things.

   - What I like about the geography research project of WWP is that gives a
   good idea about the world distribution of:
   - web access,
   - knowledge (making panos is NOT easy, do you remember?!)
   - access to equipment
   - developement of language in a new technology.

And then, yes, having the same theme for everybody makes easier and more
remarkable the differences, in approach, in literary understanding of the
theme, in freshness of ideas. So, in this way all personal approaches, and
differences among them, are so valuable. Specially if you consider the last
but not least of the list
8-D

Big hug to everybody! time to sleep!!
;-P