Sender:preszaphod_b
Date/Time:2004-Jun-01 16:31:00
Subject:Re: WWPano: another world wide panorama, anyone?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWPano: another world wide panorama, anyone? preszaphod_b 2004-Jun-01 16:31:00
--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <#removed#> wrote:

> And I believe you will have difficulties getting permisssion to do  valuable
> panoramas from the sites on the UNESCO list.
> So look arround in your environment and find what is interresting also from
> a panorama point of view.
>
> Hans

Permissions are always issues for some people...a security guard who doesn't know what
to say is likely to say 'no' just to make his/her life easier.  Would it be productive to have
someone pickup the phone and call someone with UNESCO in charge of the World Heritage
sites and tell them 'look at what all of us did on the March Equinox' 'we are doing all the
photography for free, many times by professional photographers, we are doing all the web
work, all the hosting...' and seek a blanket permission for group members on the
conditions that no flash photography be used, appropriate tripod footings be used, etc.
Something that could be printed and handed to anyone that members cross paths with.
There's always the risk that whoever we make contact with will just say no and that will
end the whole thing, but... it may make life easier for everyone(including the guard who
can avoid worrying about his job), and it may produce better results if panographers can
get better access to places.

Grant
http://bp.aroundphoto.com/