Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2004-Jun-25 23:32:00
Subject:Re: My WWP submission - Q: what about the colors?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My WWP submission - Q: what about the colors? Bernhard Vogl 2004-Jun-25 23:32:00

Hans Nyberg wrote:

>on 26/06/04 0:32, Bernhard Vogl #removed# wrote:
>
>Sorry for the huge filesizes. On most panoramas i didn't manage till now
>to reduce filesize significantly without loosing detail and sharpness.
>Maybe someone has a good idea how to do...
>
>What is your originals for this panos. I suppose they are made with a Sigma
>8 mm

Thank you for taking a look at the problems!
Yes, the originals are from a S2 in 12 MP mode and a Sigma 8mm

> <>They look great but the size of the cubefaces does not match at all with
> the downloadsize.
> My CubicConverter says that the cubfaces are only 1055.
> This should give you a download less than 1 mb with medium compression.
> I suppose you are using Panocube which is very confusing as it does
> not use
> standard compression settings.

Most cubicals are converted from a 4000x2000 equirectangular with PanoCube.
Normally a jpeg-compression of max 75 turns out to be more than
sufficient, wich gives me filesizes of max 1,4 MB.
In this case settings are partly 'upgraded', e.g. the Mirror Room uses
6000x3000 input and a jpeg compression of (95 95 95 95 90 80) for the faces.
Big problem is the noisy input (Mirror Room: Light ~60 Lux, shutter
speed 15sec). Unfortunately, removing the noise ends up in very
'artifical' images and high compression ends up in a blurry panorama. A
good indicator are the red chairs on which i experimented the current
settings.

Best regards
Bernhard