Sender:Andrew
Date/Time:2004-Jun-27 05:19:00
Subject:Re: My WWP submission - Q: what about the colors?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My WWP submission - Q: what about the colors? Andrew 2004-Jun-27 05:19:00
> I have made a test. Downloaded Panocube and made a movie with the same
> compression from exactly same file. Original panorama 3000x1500

Hans, you was managed to run PanoCube on Mac? Virtual PC?

> Panocube setting 75 is  the same as 46 on Mac. This explains why  Cubic
> Converter detects it as low .
> Everyting between 25 and 50 is defined as Low.
>
> I begin to understand why I get very confusing sizes from Windows users.

Me too. PanoCube (PanoTools) use standard JPEG compression scale. 1% is 1%, 45% is 45% ... 100% is 100%.
CubicConverter (and perhaps all other "four speed" tools) use own, very strange scale for compression. Analyzing Hans's 75 and 46 samples I found 75% from CubicConverter is 92% for JPEG standard, 46% from CubicConverter is 75% for JPEG standard. If you'll make more  samples with different compression it will be possible to correlate CubicConverter to JPEG standard compression rates so you will never more be confused with your tool ;-)

=Andrew Jakowleff