Sender:Caroling
Date/Time:2004-Sep-26 20:58:00
Subject:Re: stories, please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: stories, please Caroling 2004-Sep-26 20:58:00
--- In #removed#, T Molnar <#removed#> wrote:
>the only
> bridge I could locate on short notice which was in some way accessible
> was the "bridge" in my son's mouth
Funny, I got pictures of my teeth from a new dentist, thinking of doing a mouth pano.
But it would be a partial pano at best.
About the time of the bridge shoot, I was escaping from Florida and Ivan the Terrible
Hurricane. I drove to Austin, Texas. There is a "Loop 360" highway there. Too bad, it
is not a 360 degree loop, just a 180 degree arc  around part of downtown. I asked
someone what bridge I should photograph and the answer was, the Loop 360 bridge.
Sounded perfect. First I searched previous events to see if someone had done it
before. Couldn't find one. It seems like such a natural. The frame of the bridge is an
arch, almost semi-circle, which is fitting as well. With my new camcorder, I captured
pictures of the hurricane on TV. My idea was to superimpose the spinning storm on
the spinning panorama of the bridge. However, stitching the bridge took all the time I
had for the project. It still is quite crude in a couple of places -- too bad. This is the
first source file I haven't sharpened. I think it is because of the hard edges of the
structure. It felt like sharpening would further harden it. I want to emphasize the
grand gesture of lifting the highway over the water and through the rock, without too
much picky detail. I'm making a page of photos to round out the story. Not done yet.