Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2005-Jan-21 18:23:00
Subject:Re: What is VR going to be called by the General Public.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: What is VR going to be called by the General Public. tflyfish2002 2005-Jan-21 18:23:00
Don,
Thanks for your great reply. I must say that both IQTVRA and IVRPA are
both quite a mouthful. I doubt if anyone will ever search for either
of those on any search engine! Whist the terms that you suggest look
wok to those that practice the art of pano's, I'm not sure that the
masses will ever search on those either. My feeling is that pano's
will become a intrical part of a great number of web sites in the
future as well as marketing tools in the way of CD's that are
currently sent out by a large number of companies. Even the US Army
has a CD you can order. I have not seen it but imagine that instead of
just a video it included a number of VR's, just imagine that you can
now see Interactively the inside of a tank, or maybe the inside of a
Cobra helicopter etc. The big advantage of VR is that you can be
interactive with the scene, with CD you can only stop, start and
rewind etc. Zooming and panning is not really practical with this
media whereas with VR it is.
Wow, I have used the expression VR a number of times in the above text
because typing the other terms is to much hassle for me, what we
really need something much the same for our art. I don't think that
differentiating between cylindrical and Spherical is necessary, for
the view there is really not a lot of difference. As far as a Panorama
goes that a landscape with a lot of horizon to me.

Regards,