Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2005-Jan-21 22:14:00
Subject:Re: What is VR going to be called by the General Public.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: What is VR going to be called by the General Public. Hans Nyberg 2005-Jan-21 22:14:00
Since I started panoramas.dk I have focusing a lot on search engine
optimizing and
can tell you that the expression VR Photography is completely unknown.
Also Virtual Reality panoramas or VR panoramas

During the last 6 months panoramas.dk has had
685.000 unique visitors

About half of them came from Search engines
91% from the 3 large ones
Google 241.660
Yahoo 46.900
MSN  15.853
As I am no 1 or 2 for Mount Everest and New year's eve this has given
me almost 25% of my visitors.
My Apollo and Mars panoramas has also been a large success

Different combinations of NEW Years Eve - New Year, Times Square, and
New York 84.000
Times Square alone was 6.000
Mount Everest and other combinations with Everest was No 2 with 67.700
Moon, First man on the Moon, landing on the moon etc.  15.593
Apollo 6.851
Eiffel Tower combinations (tour eiffel Torre eiffel Eiffel tower photos
etc) 13.978
Matterhorn 4.991
Mars 3412

plus thousands of different places and general search words

What about the VR related. First this is my rank in Google / Yahoo
panoramas - 1
panorama - 7
Quicktime VR - 2 after Apple
QTVR - 2 after Apple
VR - 9
VR Software - 3
VR Panoramas - 1 and 2 with virtualdenmark.dk
VR Photography - 2
VR Photographers - 1 VR Photographer - 2
VR Photos - 6
VR Panoramic - 1
panoramiques virtuelle - 2
panoramafoto - 8
visit virtuelle  - 1
360 degrees - 2
360 degreee - 1
virtual reality panoramas - 1

This is what I got the last 6 months.
360, 360 view, 360 degrees, 360 panorama etc 6.855
VR 4.748 most of it in connection as Quicktime VR
VR software 95
VR panoramas 29
VR Photography 22 (note that I am No 2 in Google  for this)
VR Photographers 7
qtvr alone and in more than 200 combinations 3.458
quicktime vr alone 1.260
in connections like Quicktime VR Software- Tutorial - Panorama etc.
around 4.600
Panoramic, panoramic view, panoramic images, pictures etc 5469
Panoramas 6.917 this includes panoramas.dk and 470 different
combinations panoramas alonE was 1.689
Panorama 6.000 in more than 1.400 combinations
Photo and photos 10.200 in more tha 2.000 combinations
virtual 1.274 this is in  269 different combinations with Quicktime
Virtual Reality as No 1 with 24 hits.
Panoramiques virtuelle ZERO
Virtual reality panoramas 12 (note that I am No 1 in Google)

I believe this says it all. Even if I have been No 2 for VR Photography
during the 6 last months
I only got 22 visitors from it

Quicktime VR, QTVR and panoramas is what most people search for.

So what will people who never seen it before remember them as.
I would say PANORAMAS

HANS
<http://www.panoramas.dk> Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen QTVR
email:  #removed#