Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2005-Jan-22 02:31:00
Subject:Re: viewing a QTVR from a projector on a screen

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: viewing a QTVR from a projector on a screen G. Donald Bain 2005-Jan-22 02:31:00
Janet,

Just thought of a couple more things.

Hooking up to a Mac is usually simple, plug and play. But I have seen
people literally in tears trying to get Windows to use the projector
instead of the usual screen. Sometimes the F-7 key did the trick, A
couple of times they had to give up and borrow another computer or even
cancel. So be sure you know how to do this with your computer and
projector well before your audience arrives.

Also, beware of long skinny cables. The signal attenuates and the color
shifts, or the image may not make it at all. If you have the projector
in the back or middle of the room, but you are at a podium in the front
(I am assuming something like a college lecture hall here) you will
need 20-25 feet of cable between computer and projector. The one I use
is about half an inch in diameter. Thinner ones didn't work. Of course
if the wiring and projector are permanently installed you needn't
worry.

Don