Sender:Walter Sistrunk
Date/Time:2005-Feb-14 01:27:00
Subject:Re: viewing a QTVR from a projector on a screen

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: viewing a QTVR from a projector on a screen Walter Sistrunk 2005-Feb-14 01:27:00
On 1/21/05 8:27 PM, "West Coast Designers" <#removed#>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I am not in yet in the league with some of you guys but I am creating
> some virtual tours and love it.
> My question is, some time back there was a long discussion about using
> Quicktime Virtual Tours, running them from a projector and viewing them
> on a large screen. I failed to pay close attention, thinking this is some
> thing I probably would not be doing for a while.
> Is there someone out there that could list a few things that I need to know
> to do this on a projector. I know the projector has to be digital, but I do
> not know if the projector runs from a computer or if the projector has to
> have a Quicktime plugin.

> Janet
> West Coast Designers
> www.westcoastdesigners.com

> *
> * #removed#
> <mailto:#removed#?subject=Unsubscribe>
> *
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Janet at West Coast Designers,
    I know I?m somewhat late with my two cents worth about using a digital
projector. I don?t get a chance to read these everyday, so often I have to
play catch-up.
    You asked about using a digital projector with QTVR and I see you
received a number of responses about projecting the image from a computer. A
truly immersive experience that can be had with digital projectors can
transcend a QTVR file. I visited Disney World in Florida over 25 years ago
and they used synchronized16mm projectors to show a 360? movie around the
room to put the viewer in the middle of a panorama. If you have a client
with the budget for it, a full surround display using either video or stills
can be done that would surpass anything that can be achieved with a moving
image in a window. What we do is a poor man?s version of that experience.

Walter