Sender:Bob Coe
Date/Time:2005-Feb-14 03:25:00
Subject:Re: viewing a QTVR from a projector on a screen

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: viewing a QTVR from a projector on a screen Bob Coe 2005-Feb-14 03:25:00
If I may put a little perspective on this - in the early '60's the JAM
HANDY Organization of Detroit developed a projection system to build on
a process used during
WWII to train US Air Force pilots. It projected a 35mm motion picture,
taken with a custom lens, on the inside of a spherical screen. The
audience sat inside the sphere.
The effect of realism was outstanding, to say the least. It was called
Cinesphere.
Simple, common daily activities had a devastating affect. Watching a
girl on a garden swing would cause many to projectile vomit. Watching a
Corvette speed on an expressway shrunk many a sphincter.
How do I  know, I worked with the crew that took this show around the US
to introduce new Chevrolets.
It was a fun time.
Bob Coe