Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2005-Mar-28 23:09:00
Subject:Re: Moire effect

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Moire effect Bernhard Vogl 2005-Mar-28 23:09:00
Hello Bostjan

If you're talking about the sky, this clearly looks like banding.
Banding is caused by high compression in images with very subtile color
changes. Best solution is to increase jpeg-quality...
Quicktime Pro has "high quality" settings which are said to be able to
reduce banding artifacts in some cases (screen with low color settings
etc.) - maybe this can help.

If you want to see a wonderful moire example, take a look at my
Naschmarkt-Panorama
http://bernie.x-net.at/fotos/panoramas/naschmarkt.html -> turn around
180 degrees, look at the lady with the black/white jacket and move the
panorama slowly...

Best regards
Bernhard