Sender:Bostjan Burger
Date/Time:2005-Mar-27 12:17:00
Subject:Re: Moire effect

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Moire effect Bostjan Burger 2005-Mar-27 12:17:00
Thanks "pano-fellows". I tried some hints and reduced ( a bit of ) "the banding" with the noise filter/Median. I am still trying to figure out what caused the banding - as the original photos were quite large ( 4288x 2848 ) the problem maid be with the software ( I used 8 shots  + zenit, nadir - with Photovista, hm..it seem that I am the only one who use this software here ...).
However...I will do some more tests and find out the reason...hope so...

;) Bostjan

Uri cogan <#removed#> wrote:
Bostjan:

>I discovered in Sunday evening during
>the stichin process that photos have kind of Moire effect and the
>stiched pano too [
><http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/view/wwp305/html/BostjanBurger.html>http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/view/wwp305/html/BostjanBurger.html
>]. I
>have noticed the Moire only on the sky...

This does not look like Moir? to me, but like "banding".

This could be due to over-compression, but it may
also have something to do with the way you
correct for chromatic aberration and for the
vignetting of the original images.

I was using a Photoshop action to correct for
these things, but then I started to import my
Nikon D70 fisheye images into Photoshop using the
"Camera Raw" filter. I found that it gives me
very good control over Chromatic aberration
(colour fringing) and over the vignetting (light
fall-off) with very little or  no visible banding
in the sky areas.

One example of this is at http://www.uricogan.com/qtvr/ferry.html

And.. by the way, my submission to "Marketplace"
is at
http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/view/wwp305/html/UriCogan.html

:-) Comments/critiques are welcome :-)

--