Sender:Dave 360texas.com
Date/Time:2004-Oct-19 19:28:00
Subject:Re: Full Screen on digital projector??

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Full Screen on digital projector?? Dave 360texas.com 2004-Oct-19 19:28:00
Thank you Bostjan and Don.

I suspect I should load a few full screen panoramas on a CD-R and go
give it a test with their projector before I commit.  Or I might
need to find another presentation method.

This group of 150 to 180 is mostly film photographers with about 20%
digital folks.  I need to make this presentation high quality.

Dave

--- In #removed#, G. Donald Bain <#removed#> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I give presentations like this all the time, in classes and
special
> outreach events. My largest venue is a classroom for 120 people,
> projected about 8 feet wide.
>
> We use a projector with a resolution of 1024 by 768. No problem
with
> flicker. The image is a bit jerky, but no more so than on a
computer
> monitor.
>
> Color is lousy - all the projectors are made with PowerPoint type
> graphics in mind, and are poor for continuous tone images.
Fiddling
> with the color controls helps, up to a point. Be wary of long
cable
> runs, signal attenuation can cause colors to shift, or not work at
all.

> The impact on the audience is terrific. I get a lot of
enthusiastic