Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2004-Oct-22 18:42:00
Subject:Re: Full Screen on digital projector??

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Full Screen on digital projector?? Mickael Therer 2004-Oct-22 18:42:00
--- In #removed#, G. Donald Bain <#removed#> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I used Photo To Movie to program a series of panoramas with pans,
> tilts, zooms and transitions. It worked quite well, good interface and
> all necessary features.
>
> But I wanted more than video resolution (approx 640x480). Photo to
> Movie allowed me to output to 1024x768, but it took a long time. The
> real problem was the monstrous video files created. Even with
> compression it was hundreds of megs per pano, which means gigs per
> show. And even my dual-processor G-5 had trouble playing it smoothly.

Hi Don,

IMHO it's a common mistake, when moving computer data to video, to aim
at xga resolution,(more is ennemy of good as we say in French). Video
by US standards is stuck at 640x480 in NTSC and a little higher in the
Pal system (eg.720x576) when exporting to video you should stick to
the adhoc resolutions, I set it to 16:9 Pal in DV and post process to
DVD format in MP2 with dvd studio pro, it will play smoothly and you
could even lower your beamer resolution accordingly. Also the best
quality you feed it with the best the output so web conformed panos
won't be the best of input for video. There are better ways of
displaying panos, as proposed here but if it had to be video I would
process it that way
-mickael