Sender:Ken Stuart
Date/Time:2004-Oct-19 23:14:00
Subject:Re: Full Screen on digital projector??

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Full Screen on digital projector?? Ken Stuart 2004-Oct-19 23:14:00

>I've managed to hack a browser solution with javascript that
>reads the pan/tilt/fov values from an embedded QT movie every
>thenth of a second and displays it in a form field. Haven't
>managed to do it the other way (i.e. to set these values). Of
>course, it doesn't work the same way in Mozilla and IE (moz. can
>talk to an <embed> object, but not to an <object> object, and
>IE/Windows vice versa). And, of course, Safari (which does the
>best job of smooth panning on Mac) does it in yet another way
>(which i haven't found so far), and IE on Mac doesn't allow for
>Plugin-to-Javascript communication at all.
>
>Wasn't LiveStage able to do something like this? There was a demo
>of a temple that moved the camera along a path in real time by
>using a sprite or wired action or something...

LiveStage Pro can definitely be scripted to automatically rotate/pan/tilt
QTVRs either along a series of defined points or random ones, or some
combination. If using defined points, these could be read from an XML file
stored externally. It could also load .mov files randomly or in order,
etc., etc. If you want to build such a tool, LiveStage Pro is a good place
to do it. If you want someone to build it for you, let me know...

-Ken