Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2004-Oct-20 00:02:00
Subject:Re: Full Screen on digital projector??

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Full Screen on digital projector?? G. Donald Bain 2004-Oct-20 00:02:00
Jeff,

I used Photo To Movie to program a series of panoramas with pans,
tilts, zooms and transitions. It worked quite well, good interface and
all necessary features.

But I wanted more than video resolution (approx 640x480). Photo to
Movie allowed me to output to 1024x768, but it took a long time. The
real problem was the monstrous video files created. Even with
compression it was hundreds of megs per pano, which means gigs per
show. And even my dual-processor G-5 had trouble playing it smoothly.

So I decided that what I really wanted was to use the original QTVR
files, essentially one image each, and program the controls that are
usually given it with the mouse. Sounded easy. The LiveStage people
said it could be done, but it turned out to require tedious scripting.
I got closer with iShell, but never quite what I wanted.

I figure that if I wait patiently, someone will invent exactly what I
want. The computer world is wonderful that way.

Don