Sender:Jeff Pelletier
Date/Time:2004-Oct-19 22:55:00
Subject:Re: Full Screen on digital projector??

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Full Screen on digital projector?? Jeff Pelletier 2004-Oct-19 22:55:00
> My full screen size versions are more than adequate for projector
> resolution. I use QPict as slide show software. I would like to be able
> to script a series of panos with custom rotations and dissolves between
> them. But, despite repeated enquiries, and assurances that it can be
> done, I have not yet found a satisfactory solution for this.

If you?re making automated presentations that do not require any actual
interactive control on your part, you may want to consider simply outputting
your QTVR?s to video files using something like QTVR2Mov. It?s cheap, think
it was about $25 USD and I?ve gotten some pretty good results. You can set
the start and end parameters and it will render the movement at a set
duration, with the option of accel/decelleration. Then just dissolve between
in a video editing program..

I?ve thought of incorporating this type  of thing into future video
projects. Haven?t tested it yet, but I think by shooting a pano with a video
camera, you could have an action sequence that freezes, then pans/tilts, and
un-freezes to resume the action. Sorta Matrix style but as a Pano instead of
an Object VR.. Any thoughts on this?

--
Jeff Pelletier
Basetwo Media