Sender:John Riley
Date/Time:2006-Jul-19 21:12:00
Subject:Re: Gardens: That's a wrap; Coming up next

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens: That's a wrap; Coming up next John Riley 2006-Jul-19 21:12:00
I was planning a pano at the beautiful garden at the local airfield.
I will admit that I planned to phone ahead to get official clearance
so that I can avoid any pointless confrontations with security.  I
know that there is no basis for them to forbid me, but I have heard
some nasty tales of folks getting some serious scrutiny.  A local
photographer was was shooting some pics of a new building at a local
church (commissioned by the church), using the vantage point from the
top of a nearby parking garage.  The security guard at the church
called the police and reported him as engaging in "terrorist-like
behavior".  He got an extensive round of questioning by the local cops.

Yes, there are over-reactive folks around, so I would try to call
ahead to avoid problems if you think you might be a place where folks
will get antsy.

My 2 cents,

John

John Riley