Sender:Mr. Roger Howard
Date/Time:2006-Jul-20 00:55:00
Subject:Re: Gardens: That's a wrap; Coming up next

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens: That's a wrap; Coming up next Mr. Roger Howard 2006-Jul-20 00:55:00
On Jul 18, 2006, at 8:29 AM, wally_tirado wrote:

> In the upcoming event "Transportation" we might want to reconsider or
> at the very least set some boundries on upcoming submission event.
>
> Terrorists today target transportation systems (eg. subways or
> airports) and having access in one place that they could view and
> study their targets, I belevie should warrant some consideration.

Google Earth is a far greater resource, if we're going to live in
fear of what terrorists might learn, than anything we'll ever do here.

My only concern is for the safety and well being of our
photographers; I don't for a moment believe we'll contribute to
undermining the security of our transportation systems with this
project, but we may well see a number of our photographers get
hassled as a result of their work.

C'est la vie... there have been train and plane spotters and all
manner of amateur watchers for as long as there's been anything to
watch... the best advice is to always carry some corroborating
documentation to prove the innocence of your presence - even just
print out some pages from WWP, and if you can bring some example
panos on a PDA or iPod.

-R