Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2010-Sep-02 18:15:00
Subject:Re: The September 2010 WWP event ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The September 2010 WWP event ... Pat Swovelin 2010-Sep-02 18:15:00
  On 9-1-2010 4:39 AM, prague's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
typed ...:

> You forgot one of the most important parts -
>
> it's where one blues guitarist sold his soul to the devil - at a
> crossroads... :-)

Actually that's what the  bonus points are for.  Robert Johnson wrote
the song and recorded it in 1937 ("Robert Johnson - The Complete
Recordings", disc 1 tracks 17 and 18, excellent album), Cream, led by
Eric Clapton, famously covered it in 1968 on disc 2 of "Wheels of Fire"
(I have the original album and the 8-track tape and the cassette and the
CD, if you're not playing disc 2 at 11 you're not doing it justice) and
resurrected it forevermore, Tommy Johnson plays the Robert Johnson
character in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" and the chicken is there to
pose the age old question "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
(obviously he wanted to be in the pano).

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A
> this song is from 1937 or so... this guy influenced all future music
> in a very significant way.... from the 2 photos of him that exist, it
> seems he had unusually huge hands... when you listen to his songs, it
> might sound like 2 guitar players because he's that good... all
> because of what happened once at a crossroads....
>

> --- In #removed#, Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...> wrote:
>> There are *serious* bonus points for a pano that has Robert Johnson,
>> Eric Clapton, Tommy Johnson and a chicken all on different corners from
>> one another at the aforementioned crossroads.

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large