Sender:Caroling
Date/Time:2005-Jan-24 13:34:00
Subject:Re: Marketplace - A World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Marketplace - A World Wide Panorama Caroling 2005-Jan-24 13:34:00
I read the theme description with waning interest,
finding only dull or tourist markets in my area.
That is, I like to shop, but not with a camera.
On-line or online is interesting, but too virtual for
my camera to capture or my mind to visualize.
In my dictionary, the third meaning for marketplace
is "the marketplace of ideas".
"The figurative place of assembly where works,
opinions, and ideas are debated and exchanged."
That gave me a start. The panorama itself can be
a marketplace.
I'm ideas that are literal and  representational. Did the
whole 20th century of art get lost in the panoramic
spin?