Sender:Rodolpho Pajuaba
Date/Time:2005-Jan-24 14:11:00
Subject:Re: Marketplace - A World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Marketplace - A World Wide Panorama Rodolpho Pajuaba 2005-Jan-24 14:11:00
Rodolpho Pajuaba escreveu:
> Caroling escreveu:
>
>>I read the theme description with waning interest,
>>finding only dull or tourist markets in my area.
>>That is, I like to shop, but not with a camera.
>>On-line or online is interesting, but too virtual for
>>my camera to capture or my mind to visualize.
>>In my dictionary, the third meaning for marketplace
>>is "the marketplace of ideas".
>>"The figurative place of assembly where works,
>>opinions, and ideas are debated and exchanged."
>>That gave me a start. The panorama itself can be
>>a marketplace.
>>I'm ideas that are literal and  representational. Did the
>>whole 20th century of art get lost in the panoramic
>>spin?
>>

> One can add irony to the equation as well; a money-driven school or prep
> school can be called a marketplace. Sometimes, being VERY ironic, maybe
> sarcastic or cinic, a courtroom can be called a marketplace too. Lots of
> conotations can emerge if we allow our mind not to be directed.
> Regards,
> Rodolpho Pajuaba

And before people start to add conotations to my post, let me say: this
was *not* supposed to be directed to Caroling. I?m very aware of her
work, and I know that she is more open-minded than most of us - well,
more then ME, certainly ;-) . I was only tryin to widen the lines of
thought.
Regards,
Rodolpho Pajuaba