Sender:Rodolpho Pajuaba
Date/Time:2005-Jan-24 13:53:00
Subject:Re: Marketplace - A World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Marketplace - A World Wide Panorama Rodolpho Pajuaba 2005-Jan-24 13:53:00
Caroling escreveu:

> I read the theme description with waning interest,
> finding only dull or tourist markets in my area.
> That is, I like to shop, but not with a camera.
> On-line or online is interesting, but too virtual for
> my camera to capture or my mind to visualize.
> In my dictionary, the third meaning for marketplace
> is "the marketplace of ideas".
> "The figurative place of assembly where works,
> opinions, and ideas are debated and exchanged."
> That gave me a start. The panorama itself can be
> a marketplace.
> I'm ideas that are literal and  representational. Did the
> whole 20th century of art get lost in the panoramic
> spin?

One can add irony to the equation as well; a money-driven school or prep
school can be called a marketplace. Sometimes, being VERY ironic, maybe
sarcastic or cinic, a courtroom can be called a marketplace too. Lots of
conotations can emerge if we allow our mind not to be directed.
Regards,
Rodolpho Pajuaba