Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Mar-19 10:50:00
Subject:Re: adding sound

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: adding sound Mickael Therer 2005-Mar-19 10:50:00
Jim,

if you're to go for ambient sound any voice recorder
in the 11kHz band won't do it, go for sth that has a broader
dynamic range. The better the quality of your
input device and your recorder the better the sound when
processed. I use a mini-disc and stereo microphones and
havn't heard of an mp3 player with a decent line-in dynamic
range, maybe someone else has?
you can find second-hand minidiscs easily and a very decent
micropjone can be bought for 75-100$
results can be heard here:
http://mediapiculture.net/360days/360/26/invaders-strands
a voice recorder would make it sound like a 1995 modem

mickael

--
http://www.360days.com