Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2005-Mar-19 12:27:00
Subject:Re: adding sound

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: adding sound Bernhard Vogl 2005-Mar-19 12:27:00
Hello Jim,

All standard MP3-players i am aware of, have poor audio recording quality.
Also, they only have a built-in microphone or only a high level input
with non-standard jacks.
The best balance between price and quality are MD-Recorders as Mickael
said (~250 EUR). Add another 250 EUR for a decent microphone. The only
drawback of MD's (the Sony which i own) is the extreme idiotic copy
protection mechanism they have added to the current generation of recorders.

A more elegant type of recorder would be on like this, with a (roughly)
double price of a MD recorder:
http://www.edirol.com/products/info/r1.html

Best regards
Bernhard