Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Jun-30 20:16:00
Subject:Re: Submission candidate posted for critique ... comments please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Submission candidate posted for critique ... comments please Erik Krause 2005-Jun-30 20:16:00
On 30 Jun 2005 at 19:44, Victor wrote:

> Look at the woman walking away from me with the colorful bag (visible
> on the opening viewpoint).  Her reflection is mostly a photoshop cut,
> paste & tweak job.  The original set of stitched images was missing
> the bottom half of her reflection ... it just wasn't part of the
> captured images.  I could've substituted an image that was cleaner,
> but the only "good" complete images didn't have any people at all and
> I REALLY liked the splash of color her bag provided.  However, the
> bizarre reflections was a gross error and attracted the eye in a big
> way.  So what to do?  Lots of PS work!  The bottom of her reflection
> is largely a cut and paste from some other person in the stitched
> shot, mirrored and shifted, plus some out and out faking to create
> missing portions out of whole cloth.
>
> Here are snippets of the original and the final version.
>
> http://www.zaveduk.com/wwp/reflections.htm

Good work, indeed. Reminds a bit of my marketplace submission. I shot
with the monopod held over the railing and simply missed a shot.
There was a hole - not to large but annoying - in the buildings. So I
had to lengthen some roofs and use a very small part of a house to
create a whole storefront...

> Once you know to look, it's obvious that the reflection is wrong.  The
> color is backwards (light dress, dark top), etc..  It's amazing how
> easily the eye (and mind) is fooled. :-)

True. I wouldn't have found it...

> I won't reveal the other major cut and pastes (there are two other
> sizeable instances, that's the only hint I'll give!) ... it's always
> important to maintain some sense of mystery. ;-)

Hmm... Someone without reflection? A cloud reflecting but not beeing
in the sky? Don't know...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation: