Sender:Victor
Date/Time:2005-Jun-30 21:15:00
Subject:Re: Submission candidate posted for critique ... comments please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Submission candidate posted for critique ... comments please Victor 2005-Jun-30 21:15:00
Erik,

> Reminds a bit of my marketplace submission. I shot with the
> monopod held over the railing and simply missed a shot. There
> was a hole - not to large but annoying - in the buildings. So
> I had to lengthen some roofs and use a very small part of a
> house to create a whole storefront...

Wondered how you managed that point-of-view ... anti-gravity shoes
didn't seem like a reasonable answer but you never know! :-)  I had
another look to see if I could find your "fix" and it doesn't jump out
at me, so kudos to you as well for your patchwork!  I'll look closer
later and see if I can guess where the hole was.

> Hmm... Someone without reflection? A cloud reflecting but not beeing
> in the sky? Don't know...

No other missing reflections that I'm aware of, and given the elapsed
time for the whole shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if there are odd
cloud reflections.  No, these are what I was referring to.  I'll
provide another hint ... these are pure and simple "cheats" to add
more people (children in actions I found interesting) in two locations
lifted from images that weren't part of the main stitch.  I replaced
two images in the original PTGui project to get the geometry and
sizing right, then photoshopped selected portions back into the
completed main stitch.  They're pretty prominent features ... that's
it for hints. ;-)  It was a great exercise in retouching work!

Victor