Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Jun-16 07:34:00
Subject:Re: Public Liability Insurance to Take Photos in Australian National Parks?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Public Liability Insurance to Take Photos in Australian National Parks? Hans Nyberg 2006-Jun-16 07:34:00
On 16/6-2006, at 7.13, Wheaton, Simon wrote:

> Does anyone here have experience with taking photos in Australian
>  National Parks, and issues regarding public liability insurance?
>
>  I want to shoot photos for the next WWP event in a New South Wales
>  National Park, and have been told I need to have public liability
>  insurance to cover $5million.
>
>  Has anyone here dealt with this issue before?
>
>  I am having trouble finding anyone that can provide one-off coverage
> for
>  the event, and have been quoted $508 for a years worth of coverage.

And here is an article at Nature Photographers.
http://www.naturephotographers.net/articles1003/nr1003-1.html

No insurance but lots of other stupid rules in Australia.

This is quite surprising as Australia is one of the most free countries
when it comes to rights about photographing in streets, and other
public areas.

Read Andrew Nemeth's article,
http://www.4020.net/unposed/photorights.shtml

Hans