Sender:Victor Zaveduk
Date/Time:2006-Jun-28 05:33:00
Subject:RE: Feedback on which of two "Green Roof" choices to post to WWP ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: Feedback on which of two "Green Roof" choices to post to WWP ... Victor Zaveduk 2006-Jun-28 05:33:00
Mark,

Hehe, and you even know the streets!  A transplanted Chicagoan?  I agree
with you on the pick, #1 is my favorite of the two.  The setting is dramatic
indeed and really let's you know you're 12 stories up on a rooftop.  That
view up LaSalle is something!  And the State of Illinois building is quite
nice from that angle and height.  In retrospect, I should've timed some
shots to have "L" trains on the tracks along Lake and Wells ... oh well!  #2
gives a much better view of the garden, but the location gets lost. Urban,
certainly, but without the vertiginous sense of being on a roof.

Thanks for your comments.  So far, the consensus is pretty well split.
Hmmm.

BTW, I like your "Clouds over the Royans" shot.  Very moody!  Captures the
spirit of the time and place per your description.

Victor