Sender:Victor Zaveduk
Date/Time:2006-Jun-28 13:42:00
Subject:RE: Feedback on which of two "Green Roof" choices to post to WWP ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: Feedback on which of two "Green Roof" choices to post to WWP ... Victor Zaveduk 2006-Jun-28 13:42:00
Caroling,

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, I like them both, hence the dilemma and the
request for other opinions.  My leaning is towards the first one as the
setting for the garden is as important, indeed, more so, in my opinion, than
the garden itself.  It IS a nice garden though, and #2 shows that off much
better than #1.  Hotspotting between the two is an excellent suggestion.

BTW, I have enjoyed your contributions that mix both natural and artificial
elements.  Creative use of the technology all around (pardon the pun).

Victor

#1 shows me the city landscape and places the brave little garden in
context. It puts me on the edge, which is not comfortable, but it is
informative. It emphasizes the green position.

#2 puts me in the garden, which for me is a vastly preferable place
to be. It shows me the plants, walks, flowers. It emphasizes the
nature of the garden. That's important for the theme. It's also
important for a city planner to get a sense of the value of this
expensive enterprise. A problem with this pano is that in the part
which faces the rooftop buildings, the sense of being on top is lost.
That's a triumph for the garden, though. On my monitor, this pano is
slightly light. I suppose that is appropriate for the bright sunlight.

I choose #2. This would be a good multinode (illegal). Maybe you
could make the surrounding buildings into a hotspot that link to your
own page explaining the garden context, with pano #1. And that pano
would have the garden hotspotted to link to the wwp page.