Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2004-Jun-14 23:01:00
Subject:Re: SoCal lack of Sites (smile)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: SoCal lack of Sites (smile) Roger Howard 2004-Jun-14 23:01:00
On Jun 14, 2004, at 9:13 AM, Bo wrote:

> ARGH, so I have reviewed the list and conclude that either I need a
> trip to Yosemite or up to the RedWood Forest where Don is already
> setting up.....
>
> So that leaves no-official sites, such as maybe Joshua Tree National
> Park, Trona Pinnacles, and possible the Missions spread up along the
> coast?
>
> Any other ideas?   HELP... (Smile)

Well I see others have chimed in already dude, so I think you've got
enough good ideas.

I will likely be shooting in Sequoia, though plans may change (it's the
first few days of a MUCH needed vacation I finally made time for). I
had thought about joining forces and trying to cover as many Missions
as possible (think I mentioned this), but don't think we'll be sticking
near the CA coast for a change... may end up in New Mexico/Arizona,
there are some great pre-Western monuments there which would qualify.

At least you're on a bike :) My little Beetle is somewhat limiting...
in fact don't much look forward to the ride up to the site in the
Sequoia's I scoped out last time... about 24 miles off the highway up a
tiny dirt road, with potholes the size of my car!

It's that, or I resign myself to being the city boy that I am and
revisit some of the sites I've been shooting all year... I've been
covering (for instance) some architectural sites by Robert Stacey-Judd.
Of course, there's always The Getty - but it's too new! Unless I could
do a flipside shoot, where instead of shooting heritage sites, I could
get into the labs and shoot some process panos showing the scientists
at work on preserving and documenting valuable cultural artifacts and
sites

-R.