Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Jan-03 20:35:00
Subject:Re: Berkeley Int'l VR Conference

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Berkeley Int'l VR Conference Pat Swovelin 2007-Jan-03 20:35:00
G. Donald Bain wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2007, at 7:34 AM, gobrien1911 wrote:
>> Do you have a firm date yet for this conference?
>
> Gary,
>
> Yes, well almost. It is slow getting feedback from members of the
> board. But Mike Quan, as president, said go ahead with these dates.
>
> So, here it is - Memorial Day weekend, Friday May 25 to Tuesday May
> 29. Note that this is a week later than originally announced, and not
> absolutely final.

When will it be finalized so we can make plans?  Is it still $250 or has
that changed too?

> Some people arrive Friday afternoon, Beer on the Balcony at sunset as
> a welcome get-together.
> Saturday: everyone else arrives, vendor exhibits and demonstrations,
> campus tours, banquet and keynote in the evening.
> Sunday: plenary session with six or so speakers, possible opening of
> a panoramic print exhibition in the evening.
> Monday: sessions, workshops, and panels all day, reception honoring
> the World Wide Panorama in the evening.
> Tuesday: sessions, workshops, and panels all day, conference ends.

Will the workshops and sessions be running consecutively vs.
concurrently?  I'm only asking because I'd like to attend *all* of them
vs. having to pick one over the other throughout the conference and wind
up missing something important.

> Half-day field trips to the Golden Gate both Monday and Tuesday.
> Field trip to Yosemite Wednesday-Friday.
>
> The WWP reception is free and open to everyone who has ever
> participated. We hope to webcast it, maybe have video chat with WWP
> people around the world.
>
> Hope you can make it!
>
> Don

Pat Swovelin